Monday, July 6, 2009

Countdown to Peru!!

Oh my gosh!!!! Only 7 more days until I will be able to hug my favorite missionary!!! Yep, July 13 we will be leaving SLC at 7:00 a.m. on our way to Peru!!! I can't believe the time has FINALLY arrived!! On one hand, it seems like Jordan has been gone forever and on the other hand, it seems he just left! I am soooooo excited to see him and to experience Peru with him. We have enjoyed all the mission fields we have visited, and I'm sure this will be the case in Peru. It has been five years since we have traveled for a missionary....can't remember what to do! Lots of preparation for a trip of this kind. Don't know what to take for clothing...etc. We will be arriving back in SLC on July 22 at 2:00 p.m. Anyone who can and wants is invited to welcome Elder Bird home! He will be reporting his mission on Sunday, July 26 (Happy Birthday Mike) at 9:00 a.m. in the Tremonton South Stake Center...once again all are invited! I will be taking pictures of Peru and hope to blog about our trip. Stay tuned!!!
Here is the countdown I started when he left. Can't believe I am down to the last line!! As of this post, he has been gone 712 days!! That seems like a mighty long time, huh? Well, as his mother that is a LONG time! Can't wait to hug the young man!!

2 comments:

The Birds said...

So excited to see you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog and I just want to tell you how excited I am for you! What a blessing that all of your sons went on a mission!